An earlier article addressed how you can get rid of acne scars with a simple treatment with baking soda. You can read the article HERE.
Apart from acne, there are many other things you can do with baking soda when it comes to your overall body care.
Hare 5 other things you can do with baking soda. I’ve tested these over the last few weeks and loved them. All natural and chemical-free.
5 Natural DIY Beauty Recipes with Baking Soda
1. DIY Deodorant
- Mix a teaspoon of any brand of baking soda with water until it forms a yoghurt like consistency.
- Rub under your armpits.
- Leave on for up to 15 minutes before rinsing.
2. DIY Foot-bath
- Mix baking soda and water together then add to several cups of water in a wide bowl.
- Dip your feet in for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and moisturize.
You can enhance this foot bath by using this Revlon Pediprep Foot Spa.
3. DIY Shampoo
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 4 – 8 oz of warm water. Shake thoroughly.
- Pour into an applicator bottle like this one then apply to sectioned hair.
- Work through with your hair in small sections then pin up each section and cover with a disposable cap.
- Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse your hair thoroughly.
This recipe has a high pH and will raise your cuticles so make sure you follow up with a great deep conditioning treatment to balance your hair’s pH and close your cuticles.
This recipe is guaranteed to remove all the funk and build up from your hair.
Update – I don’t use this recipe on my hair anymore as my scalp eventually revolted but it might work for someone else.
4. DIY Toothpaste
- Add a pinch or two of baking soda to your toothpaste before brushing.
- Baking soda can wear down the enamel so do this only a few times a week.
5. DIY Hand Scrub
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with water or lemon juice
- Apply to hands and scrub your hands thoroughly. This will remove all the dead skin on your hands and leave it soft.
- Rinse and follow with a good moisturizing hand cream. You can do this every day.
Any brand of baking soda from the baking section in the grocery store will suffice for all the above recipes.